Buscar este blog

23 de junio de 2011

¿CORRERÁ PEDRO EL GP DE VALENCIA?...PÉREZ DICE QUE ESTA BIEN

Cuando el Gp pasado, Sergio Pérez se bajó del monoplaza diciendo que no se encontraba bien, seguro que nadie pensaba que Pedro de la Rosa volvería a subirse a un Sauber, y más tras el año que tuvo allí y la forma en que salió.Pero Pedro es así de grande, y aceptó el reto donde otros hubieran mandado a Peter Sauber a freír espárragos.Del reto salió airoso, con un notable por un fin de semana donde apenas tuvo tiempo a aprenderse un coche desde caso 0 sin haber hecho los primeros libres.En la calificación se quedó a unos escasos 0,3 seg, lo que no deja de ser un milagro si tenemos en cuenta que el año pasado Nick Heidfield, cuando le sustituyó en Singapur, se quedó a 1 seg. Rodando todo el Gp, y teniendo un "mejor cartel" que Pedro.Por ello, es lógico que en Sauber vuelvan a pensar en Pedro para sustituir a Sergio Pérez si este no se encuentra de nuevo bien.Ante la duda, es el mismo Pérez el que nos acalara como se siente de cara a este Gp:



PEREZ OPTIMISTIC OVER FITNESS
Sauber's Sergio Perez concedes he will have to wait until after tomorrow's first practice session for the European Grand Prix before knowing if he is fit to race this weekend.
Image text herePerez is convinced he is now fully able to compete in Valencia after missing the last two races following his accident in qualifying in Monaco nearly four weeks ago.
The 21-year-old Mexican sustained concussion after hurtling into a barrier at the Harbour chicane that resulted in him spending two nights in hospital.
Ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix, Perez was declared fit by FIA medical delegate Jean Charles Piette and medical officers at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
But after complaining of feeling unwell after first practice, Perez pulled out of the race, forcing Sauber into drafting in McLaren reserve Pedro de la Rosa, who competed in 13 grands prix for the team last year.
"The doctors always thought we were a bit too optimistic to go back after the accident because it was a very big one," said Perez.I had never had one like that before, and I think you need quite a bit of time to recover because it was a bang to the head.
"After the first session, although my time was quite competitive, I was not feeling 100%, not feeling good at all.With the change of direction I was feeling very dizzy, so together with the team we decided to wait a bit more and return when I am 100% right.I have done a lot of training to get back, and I'm motivated more than ever to do so. I'm looking forward to being back this weekend."
Despite the additional two weeks of recuperation, rookie Perez knows it is tomorrow's first practice session that will tell him all he needs to know.
"It is an important day, especially the first practice to make sure everything is fine," added Perez, who watched the last race at home in Mexico.It is all up to me, as it was in Montreal. The doctors told me if I was not feeling right to come and speak to them.There won't be any more checks, they all trust me, and if I feel fine I will drive. If I still feel dizzy, I won't.If I feel 100% inside the car, I think I will be as quick as I was straight away in Canada.I am quite positive everything will be okay."


Por otra parte, también Pedro ha hablado sobre las opciones de sustituir a Sergio Pérez:

Pedro de la Rosa has revealed he has "no idea" if he will be called up by Sauber to race on the streets of Valencia this weekend.

The veteran Spaniard, who is McLaren's reserve driver, was called up at the last minute in Canada almost two weeks ago when Sauber regular Sergio Perez fell ill after Friday morning practice.

Sauber managing director Monisha Kaltenborn this week then said that although Mexican rookie Perez, 21, is now fully recovered from his Monaco qualifying crash, 40-year-old de la Rosa is once again on standby.

"I am being constantly asked if I'm going to race in this (European) Grand Prix, and actually I don't have the faintest idea," said de la Rosa on Wednesday.

"I would like to clarify that I am McLaren's reserve driver and indebted to them before any other team.
"Whatever happens depends on if McLaren lets me, and actually I don't want to speculate as I find it a lack of respect for Sergio Perez, who has said he is perfectly well," he added.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

¿Que necesita Movistar para tener éxito con la F1?

Encuesta - Futuro "Pedro de la Rosa"